About Blaby District LSA
The Blaby District Local Sports Alliance is an organisation who strive to promote and develop Sport and Physical Activity in the local Blaby District area.
There is representation from the Local Authority, Learning South Leicestershire School Sports Partnership, Extended Services, Community Action Partnership, Leisure Facilities, Brockington College, Leicestershire and Rutland FA, Leicestershire Constabulary and Sports Clubs. The group is also supported by Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport.
To make a positive difference to the residents of Blaby District and improve our community through Sport and Physical Activity. To have a local voice for Sport and influence the agenda's at both a County (Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport) and national (Sport England) level.
To work together to become the most active district in England
by encouraging everybody to be active for life and improving and
increasing the Sport and Physical Activity opportunities on offer.
Services We Provide
The Blaby District Local Sports Alliance provides a range of different services, events and programmes for those already involved in sport and physical activity and for those thinking about getting involved. Examples of some of the work we do include;
- Provide grants for volunteers wanting to undertake coaching qualifications
- Provide grants for talented athletes
- Provide grants for Physical Activity Instructors wanting to undertake Physical Activity Qualifications that benefit the Blaby District
- Provide grants for community groups looking to purchase new Sport or Physical Activity equipment to benefit their members
- Deliver support workshops for clubs, coaches and volunteers
- Organise and deliver an annual Sports Awards event to celebrate the local sporting talent
- Organise a number of inclusive and disability specific opportunities district-wide for people of all ages to participate in and enjoy Sport and Physical Activity
- Publish information about Sport and Physical Activity programmes and sessions taking place during the summer holiday's for young people
The Blaby District Local Sports Alliance meet as a group on a quarterly basis at a variety of different venues within the district of Blaby. If you are interested in hosting a meeting please contact us at email@example.com or on 0116 272 7696 to make arrangements. The group is open to all and we actively encourage sports clubs and other community organisations to get involved. If you are interested in finding out more about the membership of The Blaby District Local Sports Alliance and what it consists of please have a look at the terms of reference below.