Support during Coronavirus
During 2020-21 we made some temporary changes to the LSA grant scheme as a result of the impacts of the pandemic.
We are pleased to announce that we are offering a small, one-off Instructor Re-Start Grant of up to £250 to help physical activity instructors with costs relating to re-opening or re-starting services following closure during the pandemic. Instructors can apply for this grant even if they already have a grant open with Blaby District Council.
Re-start costs might include, for example:
- Purchase of signage, screens and other necessary equipment for social distancing
- Printing of posters to display
- Purchase of PPE (such as masks, aprons, gloves), sanitiser, fogging machine
- Professional cleaning or other services to bring a building back into use safely
- Re-stocking of essential supplies
- Promotional activities to let members know you are re-opening/starting
- Volunteer expenses where additional cover/roles are needed to run safely
This is a one off funding opportunity, to provide grants to eligible applicants until there is no funding left.
Please read the Instructor Re-Start Grant guidance notes available to download from this webpage for full details, including the eligibility criteria. To apply, please complete our short form below.
The personal information you supply to Blaby District Council in this form will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (when in force). We may share this information with other council departments, local authorities, government departments or law enforcement organisations to improve service delivery or for the prevention or detection of crime and fraud where the law allows this. Further information on how we handle your personal information can be found on the Data Protection Notice web page