Lifestyle, Eating and Activity Programme (LEAP)
A NHS and Active Together funded and weight management group with healthy eating and fun sports activities run by a Dietitian and a local exercise instructor. Each week there is a healthy eating topic to focus on and some group exercise. There are regular weigh-ins once the course finishes.
The aim is to lose weight sensibly and gradually then keep it off by learning about eating well and by being a bit more active.
Summary of the course
- NHS funded course held at various venues across the county – other venues coming shortly
- Sessions run for 11 weeks
- Small group size – (male and female)
- Weighing is optional and done away from the other group members
- Each session comprises 90 minutes nutrition and 60 minutes exercise
- Discuss different healthy eating topics such as fats, sugars, label reading, comfort eating and snacks
- Bring something to drink and comfy clothes and soft shoes with you (ideally trainers)
- Brockington College, Enderby LE19 4AQ
- Countesthorpe Leysland Community College, Countesthorpe LE8 5PR
- Please call Leicestershire Nutrition and Dietetic services 0116 2227 154 to book your appointment.