Nordic Walking is quite unique in that it provides benefits for everybody from those with medical problems to those who are super fit. Whatever age, fitness level or goal, Nordic Walking is suitable, effective and enjoyable form of outdoor exercise. Below, are some of the physical benefits of Nordic Walking:
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the heart and lungs
- Ideal form of exercise for people with neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster then normal without feeling the effort
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
Other benefits of Nordic Walking include:
- It can be done anywhere – no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
- It appeals to people of all ages and fitness levels
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
- It is a very sociable activity so participants can chat along as they walk
- It is easy to learn and to keep up
- It combines exercise with the nature which has been proven to reduce stress and boost mood
The Ministry Of Nordic Walks deliver Nordic walking sessions across Blaby, Oadby, Wigston and South Wigston. If you would like to give Nordic Walking a go please contact Penny Fielden using the contact details below.