Volunteer Health Walk Leaders take on a number of roles. These include leading the walk, being a back marker or submitting the registers. To be a Volunteer Walk Leader, you will need to attend a free training course which will give you all of the skills and information to feel confident in leading walks.
Our walks last roughly 60 minutes and take place right across Blaby District with anyone able to attend. Volunteers can support one of the current walks or with support from us, look to establish a new walk in their area.
We are looking for volunteers that are:
- Looking to support their local community
- Friendly and welcoming
- Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised
- Confident about speaking in front of small groups
The benefits of being a Health Walk Leader include:
- Full training within a nationally recognised programme
- On-going support and guidance
- The chance to meet new people
- The opportunity to explore Blaby District
- The opportunity to improve your health through walking
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Walk Leader, please fill in the form below